Submit a Classified
The Classifieds Section of the Steam Era Freight Cars web site is intended to be a place where people can inquire about a very specific set of things that they are seeking to acquire. This process will be dictated by a group of criteria that govern submissions. All decisions regarding this are final. The guidelines are listed in the following paragraphs. Remember, most things that a model railroader desires can be found on ebay this web site does not intend to try to supplant ebay.
- No items will be listed for sale please go to ebay or your local NMRA auctions.
- Items must relate to Steam Era Freight Cars.
- All listings that qualify for posting will be requests for items.
- All requests must be for what are considered rare, or not easily found items. It is the sole discretion of the stewards of this site as to what constitutes “rare” and “not easily found.”
- Requests must be specific a request for “Any Rock Island freight car kits” will not be posted. However, a request for a Sunshine Models HO Scale Rock Island USRA double sheathed box car steel rebuild will be accommodated.
- The following should serve as illustrations:
- A Storzek HO Scale Soo Line Sawtooth Fowler Box car kit qualifies as rare and not easily found. A Sunshine Models HO Scale Santa Fe Fe-5 Auto car kit also qualifies as rare and not easily found (it’s discontinued). A limited run of a styrene kit that was discontinued two years ago does not qualify as rare.
- Photos of the Chicago & Illinois Midland’s War Emergency Gondolas (9250-9349) constructed by Mather Stock Car Co. in 1943 qualify as rare (if you have one, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org). Photos of the Northern Pacific’s AAR 1937 Box cars are not rare and requests for such will not be posted.
- If you have a maximum that you are willing to pay, please include it with your request. This is because all affirmative responses will result in removal of the listing, even if the transaction is not completed. Therefore, you must be serious about your request and expect to pay market or even slightly in excess of market rates.
- Any decision to decline a posting can be petitioned. However, a case must be made for the listing. Simply re-submitting the request does not qualify.
- Listings will be considered live for thirty (30) days form the date they are posted.
- A request for an item will not be posted if the same item was requested by another individual within the prior thirty (30) days. After thirty days (30), a new post may be requested. If the requester has not received a response and no one else has made a similar request, the listing can be reposted for another thirty (30) days. If a request proves successful than a new request for the same item may be posted by another individual. However, this will only work if the successful buyer notifies us that he/she has found the item for which he/she was searching, so please tell us about your successes (email@example.com).
Thank you for your cooperation.
Submit a Classified